Monday, May 14, 2012

Day Dreamer Entreprenuar


So  I am going to be honest, I love the idea of having my own business. But not really. Just the 'idea'. Lately I have been daydreaming about buying and renting out a photo booth for weddings and parties and fundraisers. And shoot, I would use it regularly. Wouldn't it be fun to collect costumes and funny mustaches on sticks for pictures. Think of all the happiness it would bring into peoples lives... ahhhh.
                    My dad started a business that him and my mom put a lot into. It cost them a lot. And I am not just talking about money. Now my brother and a business partner run it. They have put so much into it. All their hard work and investments are paying off. (again I am not really talking about money. it is a miracle that any small business survived the economy.) I am so proud of my family. They had a dream and followed through.
                   Years ago I bought a book on how to write a business plan at a used book store. Any time I get an idea for a 'business' I go through the book. If I don't have the energy to do it, it isn't the right time. If research gives hint that it isn't a good idea I drop it.
                  All of this to say, let a girl dream :) What are your ideas? Dreams? Yes, I will steal them. ha! No, that isn't true. Here's to some of my favorite dreamers:
1.the people that opened up "The Chocolate Bar" where every hour is happy hour. yes I teared up when we were walking around there. it was overwhelming. 
2.


The blueberry blitz. polar peach. guava gulp, strawberry splash... need I go on?
3. authors. i'm talking cs lewis, george mcdonald, classics (bronte sisters, austin, dickens tolstroy, and so on) Jk Rowling, Suzzanne Collins, Jan Karon... and many more
4. Kristen Belle


No comments: