Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness

(katie and leah understand my love for chocolate and once katie even shared a twix bar with me)
Day One: I am thankful for the Parkers. We met the Parkers in Wake Forest, NC in August 2005 in Sunday school at Wake Crossroads Baptist Church. Katie begged me to be her friend and I guess I felt bad for her so... ok that isn't true. I probably stalked her. We were both nannies, married to seminary students (lets just say our riches were in heaven... and still are :) ) and never ran out of things to say to each other. Katie taught me the joy of playing games, even though she kills me everytime when it comes to speed games. Ugh. Ross and Tim can talk about whatever it is they talk about and still have a good laugh with us. Ross and Katie were the first couple we told we were expecting our first. I was so nervous to tell Katie- because all she has ever wanted was a child (strike that, make it 20 children) and we weren't expecting to be expecting but she screamed and celebrated with me- because that is who she is. I'll never forget the day Katie came over and told me she was expecting Leah Grace. She was so happy. And the same with Jacob. It was the Parkers and the Quinns that threw our goodbye party when we left the Raleigh area for Waco, TX. When we moved here it was so hard to be so far away. I didn't want to talk to anyone but katie kept calling and listening to me burst into tears just at the sound of her voice. She helped me through it. We were thrilled when we heard they were moving out here. And now they are here and I am so glad they are near. It is hard because we can't see them like we want to. But we are so thankful for them. Ross is a dear friend to Tim. I love seeing my children with Katie's. I know we will be friends for life. So here's to the family who taught me how to live life and laugh more!
Please keep this family in your prayers! www.parkerlife04.blogspot.com

No comments: