Thursday, March 4, 2010

A child's prayer

Nap time doesn't exist for Adam anymore. But he does have to stay in the playroom and play quietly. wednesday, he snuck out and said he wanted to watch me have my quiet time. I asked him if he wanted me to pray for him.
"Yes mommy."
"What would you like me to pray for?"
"A train. James- he's red."
He has been asking for James everyday since he was two. Adam didn't know it, but his grandparents were sending a box with train stuff in it. I was unsure whether to let him pray for James. If James was in that box, I don't want him thinking God is Santa Claus. I decided just to do it. He asked me to pray so I did.
Thursday afternoon the box came and guess who was inside, James! Now, Adam knows God answers prayers through the people who love Him. (or he thinks mimi and pops are santa claus and god- eek!)

No comments: