Wednesday, March 3, 2010

6 years ago today (march 3)


March 3, 3004
location: Boone, NC Appalachain State University
time: 4pm
I am walking to a friend's dorm to borrow notes for an exam the next day.
I pass a group of guys. One of the guys is a friend. The rest of the guys were just visiting. Tim was in this group, I just didn't know it. The guy that I know and I talk for a minute but I am in a hurry because I parked on campus and I don't have a pass.
7::30pm I go to FCA. This was FCA's first year at app. It was pretty small and I knew everyone there.... until this night. there were three guys there I didn't know. I thought they were freshman and did what any fourth year student would do, ignored the guys.
I got called up to do some skit/game. so did one of the "freshman". Ignore. I leave the room to clean up from the skit and when I come back worship has started. Kat (a friend) and I were giggling in the front about something and that same guy shushed me! HA! He was just teasing. Then it ends up this same guy was the speaker. I was mortified. His name was Tim brookins. as we speaking he got cuter and cuter :) Afterwards he REALLY wanted to talk. He begged me to get ice cream with the group. seriously. so we all go out. (maybe I fell flat on my face on the way, maybe I didn't). tim got chocolate ice cream with chocolate everything on it. then everyone is talking in one big circle except for Tim who is 'leaning' into me talking. He asked for my email address which was back in the day when you didn't use your name for id. He got in a car and left. The next day I got my first email from Tim Brookins from Wake Forest NC 3 hours away from Boone...
to be continued.
tonight we had ice cream sundaes to celebrate and we have ever since. In raleigh we just went to goodberrys to get one and split. Last year we went out to get ice cream. This year we made our own. Any way you have it, is good

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Love it! This is so sweet. My husband was there that night, but he wasn't even my boyfriend at the time! Our first date was actually your wedding! Isn't it amazing how the Lord works it all out!?

Kristen said...

so sweet. So love at first sight for Tim, huh? No surprise, but what a bonus that in addition to being such a hottie you are also so funny, smart and sweet! :)

Mary Mac said...

Lauren I should have totally mentioned that Chip and JOhn were there!

T said...

It was the chocolate icecream that did her in.

I love you, babe!

Lisa said...

ok... so when are you gonna post part two of this exciting romantic story? Looking forwrd to reading it.