pink strawberry cupcakes, pink lemonade, pink ribbons. My baby isn't a baby anymore. Ok maybe I will still call her baby but somewhere between her first step and college I probably shouldn't publicly do it.
Caitlin, it is okay if you should decide to hate the color pink one day. I won't disown you. You are allowed to be you. If you are an army green girl or yellow or even Goth, I will always love you. Just don't be a Duke blue sorta girl :)
by the way those cupcakes were amazing. And they were BETTER than the sprinkles strawberry cupcakes! (the girl that does cupcake wars owns sprinkles and is famous for her strawberry cupcakes).
here is the recipe from simply sweet bake shop
Strawberry Cupcakes (makes 18 cupcakes):
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites
2 teaspoon strawberry extract (didn't have it but I did use vanilla)
1 cups pureed fresh strawberries
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/4 cup butter-softened
1 8oz package cream cheese-softened
2 teaspoon strawberry extract (i didn't have this so I used strawberry puree)
6 cups confectioners' sugar (sifted) (i didn't use all 6 cups)
Pink Food Coloring (since I used puree i didn't need this)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl,beat sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg whites one at a time,beating well after each addition.
- Stir in strawberry extract,pureed strawberries,and sour cream.
- In a medium mixing bowl,sift together flour,baking powder,soda,and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture,beating until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake for 15-20minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove onto wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting
- In a large bowl,beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add strawberry extract beating until combined.
- Add food coloring until desired color is reached
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth