Sunday, November 28, 2010

rewind to day 26... cause it is kinda special.... I am thankful for...















Day 26 I am thankful Adam!
(This next part is Adam's birthday story for him)
Adam you turned four on Friday! I woke up just before four am to hit the stores for some shopping deals but it was so crowded I came home early to get ready for your birthday instead. You must have heard me moving around in the house so at 6am your sweet little sleepy head walked out into the living room. When you saw your spiderman birthday banner your face lit up and you ran and hugged me. From that moment on it was a special day for you, Mr. Mr.
Earlier that week at the store I let you pick out what you wanted to eat for breakfast on your birthday. You chose Lucky Charms but you were too excited too eat. When we heard Ryan stirring I told you to go get him and see what was in your room waiting for you. It was your first set of swords. You and Ryan hardly let go of the swords all day. There was another present waiting for you on the breakfast table in a big spiderman bag. But you had to wait for daddy to wake up. It was the longest hour of your life, poor thing. You had been asking for Spider man toys for months and months. Finally the day has come! You haven't wanted to leave the house yet, because all you want to do is play with your new toys.
Sam and Jake Espen came over to play that morning and eat cake. You didn't even want lunch. You picked out a chocolate ice cream cake and the ladies at the store put "Happy Birthday Adam!" on the top and circled the edge with Spiderman rings. We topped it off with a spiderman candle. You couldn't stand to play while the cake stood out to thaw so you and Ryan climbed on the table to 'look' at the cake. It was cute, so I let it slide. I left the room for a minute to talk to Mrs. Espen. You came running in the room yelling, "the cake fell! Ryan did it!" So I go into the kitchen to find icing all over Ryan's face and the Spiderman candle pushed over the edge of the cake, comepletely ruining one side of the cake. We decided to go ahead and do cake so no more incidents would occur.
You only ate the ice cream part of your cake. Typical. You opened your presents and were so excited. You played with them all day long and said, "daddy will you play with me?" Or "Mommy will you play with me?" All day long. And we did. We played with you ALL day. We did lots of marble chutes, sword fights, spiderman web slinging, Mater racetrack etc...
You are so special Adam. You are so loved. Your grandparents showered you with presents phone calls and happy birthday songs. Your brother adores your attention. And I don't even know where to begin with your father and I's love for you!
I love you and this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ.

No comments: