Friday, January 15, 2010

The Days Go On

It was around this time 14 years ago that I lost my friend William. I just heard the news of his passing. We were out of school due to snow. I will never forget sitting alone at my house. My parents had to work. . And I was just sitting their flipping channels. The news people joke, cartoons played; I didn't want to laugh. I cried. How could everyone keep living their life? Didn't they know William died? It was so disturbing to me.
And I feel the same way about Haiti. But I have to change diapers, I have to feed my family. I get it now, life has to keep moving forward (whether I like it or not).
So Haiti, even though on the outside I am doing all these things and it looks like this tragedy hasn't even phased me, it has. My heart aches for you and I am praying for you. And I am doing what can during this time in my life.

No comments: