Saturday, February 25, 2012

Zucchini and Squash Boats

I am going to be honest. I have a really hard time getting my daily dose of veggies. Whenever I serve veggies they just end up in the fridge as uneaten left overs. Even if they are stir fried. I can however hide them in lasagna... But last night I was determined to eat my greens. and yellows. And they ended up  YUMMY!  here is a recipe of stuffed zucchini and squash from yours truly.
3 zucchinis
3 Squash
1/3 of a block of cream cheese
2 tsp of minced garlic
half of a can of artichokes chopped.
Parmesan Cheese for topping
salt and pepper to taste

Broil the squash and zucchini for about 20 minutes. so that you can slice in half LENGTHwise. Spoon out the veggie into a medium size bowl. Leave the 'boats' on the baking tray.
Mix the spooned out veggies, minced garlic, chopped artichoke hearts, and cream cheese. spoon into the boats.
Sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese on top. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Add salt and pepper to taste. If you prefer you can put the salt and pepper in the mixture before you put it in the boats.
Bon Apetit!

No comments: