Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stuck in the Muck




100% boy. 100% child. Sometimes it is hard to let go and let live. For example when I have just cleaned all the floors and they want to go stomping through the mud... but as you can see it makes them so happy. the floors can always be cleaned again but minutes can't be relived. So I let them get dirty and play in the mud and my anxiety sky rocket while the boys wade in the plastic swimming pool
washing' their boots off (until one of them falls, ugh, mind you, it is February)
 I want them to have fond memories. and not be afraid to get dirty. because life is dirty. they key is finding joy in a mess. which comes pretty easily for a child. so have a beautiful messy Thursday.

1 comment:

Malea said...

I love this and I'm with you. I wish our boys could get dirty together... and us too :)