Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Girls Weekend

Caitlin and I flew to South Carolina for Erin and Josh's wedding. Caitlin did well on the flight there. the real fun started when Colleen, Branden's new bride picked us up at the air port and took us to the hotel. Then we got to spend some QT with Gran Mazie. Then mom and dad! and Carrie, Bryson, Lander, Barbara... At the rehearsal dinner we ate great local BBQ and shared lots of laughs. As usually Charlie had everyone rolling. He said that everyone's attention spans were almost as short as Erin's dress. Her dress wasn't that short :) We had so much fun. The wedding itself was beautiful. The tears started when Aunt Mary was seated. She looked beautiful. You could tell Erin and Josh had waited a long time for this. I wish I had a picture of the way they were holding onto each other during the service. Or the way they were whispering to each other.
And the reception, what a party. There was a stunning strawberry tree with bowls of dippings at the bottom. And the band was awesome. I have never seen a livelier bride. She looked like the happiest person in the world. (I would be to if my husband could dance like that. )Josh danced like a maniac. Cousin Mac tore up the dance floor too!
this weekend was packed full of special memories with almost all my family! i missed my boys a lot though. I don't think I could have been separated from them another day.
As for Caitlin, She came home and slept for two days.nuf said.

1 comment:

Elizabeth M. Atkinson, LPC said...

It was a fabulous weekend and we are still catching up on our rest.