Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 21... Thankful for...


Quality Time. Tonight the boys and I had pop corn, cookies, and lemonade while we watched the movie Up. It was such a sweet time with them. Towards the end I was praying for a way to talk about Jesus so I could tell them a story to calm them down for bed. In the movie, Russell the little boy made a promise to keep 'Kevin' the bird safe. He stayed true to his promise. We talked about how God keeps His promises too. Adam wanted to know what one of God's promises were like so I said, "He will never leave us. He is always with us." and Adam looked at me like I was crazy and said, "well, he isn't here now." So of course we talked about He is with us whether we see him or not... It is neat to hear him wrestle with an invisible God.
I'd love to hear other input on how to talk about this with kids!

No comments: