Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Catching up and Ending the 30days of Thankfulness...

27- My extended family. Our extended family. beyond our small brookins family unit. I am thankful for our parents. for our siblings. grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. every phone call, ever card, every fb message, or even comment on the blog means the world to me. to us. the words help carry us through the days. not that just anyone said these words, but that the people that mean the most to us. It also means a lot that you love our children. That you really love them and enjoy all the little things they do. Thank you. We love you.
28- My friends. To all my katies. All the friends from growing up, from college, to our young married life in the Raleigh area, to our friends in Waco I am so thankful for you. You have become our family. God has brought each and everyone of you into our life and blessed me so much. I wish I hope that I can grow and be a better friend for you. I can honestly say that I have learned from each of you and your mistakes... just kidding. I have seen the Lord do things in your lives and use you to do things in mine. These are things I will share with my children as a testimony of who our God is. Thank you for being my friend.
29. Girls. I am so thankful for this little girl growing in my belly. She was a surprise and kind of a blow to 'my' plans for my body and my life. But she is a gift and I cannot wait to hold her. I am thankful for the shallow things like the color pink that will flood her room and life as long as I have a say- which might only be 18 months... we'll see.
30. I am so thankful for Tim. My husband. I always say I would have fallen in love with him if I had met him in kindergarten. Long long before I met Tim I worked out a prayer list of who I wanted to marry. In the beginning of the movie mary poppins, the children who are in deperate need of a nanny create a very silly and specific list of what they want the nanny to be life. The list is considered ridiculous by their father and is torn up and thrown out. The next day, to the fathers dismay Mary Poppin's appears and is to the T the nanny from the children's list. My list was very much the same with tim.
tim I am thankful for you. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw. For all you Katies. I'm so happy. Love, Katie Jo I